Wednesday, March 02, 2011

We are guilty !! Do we feel it??

I came home after the usual day at college and opened Yahoo, Facebook, My mails etc ... And what do I see? - "Gaddafi strikes at town, rebels eye foreign help" "US warships headed to Libya enter Mediterranean" "10 die in suicide bomb" "child aged 8 dies out of hunger" "See what is happening in this country ..... forward this mail to create awareness" "XYZ posted a link - ""You will have tears when you see this video"" etc ...
All day long I am exposed to nearly maybe 5% of whatever is happening around the world !! And do I feel guilty when I hear about deaths of innocent people? Yes!! I do. But for how long?
This question now makes me stammer, makes me look for an answer. An answer to the question which I do not know how many of us have pondered upon !!
Around the world soo much is happening and all we do is discuss it, raise awareness by spreading it through mail forwards, post it on social networking sites, think about it all day long and feel sad. But as the day ends the guilty feeling is washed off just like dirt from the clothes in a washing machine.
This world has become a washing machine. Everything is going on at a super fast speed, all the dirt is being washed off in such a fashion that actually all the goodness is being lost. Everything is turning upside down but no one can do anything.
I eat everyday and waste food also. The very same day I see a video describing the plight of hungry children dieing. I feel guilty. I feel sad. But the very next day I do the same with a little difference which is saying "Dear GOD forgive me for doing this". That is all...
We are all like that. The world moves on no matter what happens. One side there is a mass funeral but on the other side there is a mass wedding going on. This world is a coin. It has two sides to it.
One is in misery for a day and the next day he continues to live normally.
IS IT WRONG TO BE LIKE DIS? ARE WE TO BE BLAMED?
NO !! I do not think so... Now if you are thinking that I am being mean? Then think again ...
To live in this world we all have to move on. We are to a certain extent to be blamed. But it is human nature that we all somewhere or the other do think about ourselves first. We want to move on and get more and more of everything. We say something today and become something else tomorrow.
Over all !! We are guilty but we do not feel it...all we do is move on by saying "aah let me just post this on my wall and It will create awareness" That is it !! Face it that be it me or you !! somewhere down the line we are all selfish and mean !!

No comments:

Post a Comment