I waited in the hallway waiting to be guided around the house. She came down the stairs, with her walking stick. Her hair was light purple color along with some white here and there. She saw and gave me a smile, a beautiful peaceful smile, the one that would tell you that everything in life is going to be okay.
She said to me whispering, "Just a minute." and walked in her living room.
I took a few steps to see what she was up to, curiosity was killing me. I saw a screen on the wall and saw a teenager on it. She was having a video call.
The boy on the video call said, "There you are beautiful."
She replied, "Shut the f*#k up. Don't try to change the topic. You are going to do what I told you and till then I don't want to hear the nonsense of you are in love, because you are not! Loser Nephew!"
"Okay, alright. As you say. Love you, see you soon." he said and the call ended.
Her reply to him was with irritation but it had love in it. She came out slowly and again smiled at me and led me to the kitchen.
She had a beautiful kitchen. She had a dining table of 5 kept and I sat there. She said, "Tea is ready, I will pour it out." I nodded and waited. On the table I saw a to-do-list. Curiosity again killed me when I saw – ‘throw paint balloons at his grave.’
She sat down and served me a cup and took a sip from her own cup. I looked up at her and asked,"Sorry my curiosity is killing me. You have written throw balloons at his grave?? He is dead and you are throwing paint at his grave?".
She said, "Paint balloons.”
I looked all the more confused and she continued kindly, "It is paint balloons. If you want to get your interview right, you should ask me - He is dead and you are throwing paint balloons at his grave?
I nodded in agreement and before I could rephrase my question she continued to answer, "He is dead." She said this with an acknowledgement in her voice. She seemed to accept the fact that he is dead with ease.
She then continued, "And I visit his grave and throw paint balloons on his grave. I do that so that his grave stands out amongst the others you know. This is how he wanted to be in life. Attention seeking maniac."
She takes another sip of tea and chuckles, "believe me if I didn't do that then he would be sulking in his grave and would be questioning “what's the fun in this?"
No comments:
Post a Comment