Monday, September 11, 2006

Why? (Poem)

When I, for the first time started walking and fell down,
I wanted you to come running towards me
Instead you just walked away to your room
Why? I ask
A mocking laugh is the reply I get.

When I, for the first time called you
I wanted to see an excited and a jumping person in you.
But you just increased the volume of the radio
Why? I ask
'I can't hear you' is the reply I get!!

When I came home from my first day of school,
I wanted you to help me do my Home work
You just picked your story book and started reading instead,
Why? I ask
"I am am not bothered" is the reply I get

When I became a teenager and fell in love
I wanted to tell you first
but you just ignored me
Why? I ask
"I have to go and i am in a hurry" is the answer I get

When I graduated
I was waiting to see a proud face
But you were never there.
Why? I ask.
"I am in a meeting" is the reply I get.

Whenever I felt lonely
I wanted someone to hold my hands in the darkness
Instead you folded your hands
Why? I ask
An ignoring look is all I get

When I was diagonsed with cancer
I wanted someone to come and support me
But you were very far.
Why? I ask
"I am tired and want to go home for resting" is the reply I get.

I never hated you
But you always hated me.
Why? I ask.
A bland reply is all I get.

Today I am resting in my grave
And finally I ask you to drop a rose on my grave every morning
And you give me a YES!! , which come out filled with love and care
Why? I ask
Because it is now that you remembered me calling you "DADDY"
For the first and last time in our life.

5 comments:

  1. its way tooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!it seems as its really told by someone who loves his/her dad a lot.........like me and all of us!!!!!!!!!!!

    cheers!!!!!!
    keep writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY touching poem.keep up the gud work
    caio

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome poem...wonderfully ritten!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. toooo gud n really touchin...
    keep it up!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey1i loved dis poem...its lyk ..now da dad realised da value of her daughter..its lyk..ven she needed u were nt their 4r me.....n ven u needed...im nt thre..i loved it..!

    ReplyDelete